Mangalorean cuisine is a collective name given to the cuisine of Tulu Nadu region of India which comprises cuisines like Udupi as well as cuisine of other Mangalorean communities like that of the Mogaveeras, Billavas, Bunts, Saraswat Brahmins, Mangalorean Catholics and the Bearys.
Mangalorean cuisine is largely influenced by the South Indian cuisine, with several cuisines being unique to the diverse communities of the region. Coconut and curry leaves are common ingredients to most Mangalorean Curry, as are ginger, garlic and chili.
Mangalorean Typical Food & Drinks:
- Drinks : Bella-neeru (Jagery Water), Tender Coconut, Buttermilk, Punarpuli Juice, Lime Juice, Gasa Gasa.
- Break Fast items: Masala Dosa, Neer Dosa, Idli Sambar, Rotti, Pundi, , Shevige, Golibaje, Podi.
- Seasonal items: Gatti (Jack fruit), Jackfruit Papad, Patrode, Moode, Kottige.
- Meal items (Vegetarian): Rice, Pickle, Chatni, Vegitable Palya, curries, Papad,
- Meal items (Non Vegetarian): Sea foods, Chicken items, Pork, Mutton items
Available of Indian & International Foods:
- South Indian
- Ice Cream & Snacks Parlours
- Coffee Shops
- Alcohol Lounges
- International flavours
- Udupi-style Restaurants at Mangalore
- Coffee shops at Mangalore
- International Flavours at Mangalore
- Alcoholic lounges
- Ice cream & Snacks Parlours
- Premium restaurants
- Kairali restaurants
- Seafood Restaurants
- North Indian Cuisine Restaurants