Wellness is generally used to mean a healthy balance of the mind, body and spirit that results in an overall feeling of well-being.
Wellness tourism is travel for the purpose of promoting health and well-being through physical, psychological, or spiritual activities. While wellness tourism is often correlated with medical tourism because health interests motivate the traveler, wellness tourists are proactive in seeking to improve or maintain health and quality of life, often focusing on prevention, while medical tourists generally travel reactively to receive treatment for a diagnosed disease or condition.
Purpose Wellness Traveler
Primary: Wellness is the purpose or motivating factor for their trip & destination choice.
Secondary: Seek to maintain wellness while taking any type of trip
- Spiritual & Connections: Yoga retreats, spiritual retreats, Ashrams
- Mind & Body: Yoga Studies, Martial Arts Studies
- Spa & Beauty: Spas, Saloons, Baths & springs.
- Health: Integrative Health Centers & Wellness centers
- Healthy Eating: Organic & natural restaurants, Health food stores
- Fitness: Gyms, Fitness Centers
- Eco & Adventure: Parks, Wildlife Sanctuaries, Natural preserves
- Personal Growth: Lifestyle retreats, Wellness retreats
Wellness Centers in Mangalore:
- Naturopathy & Yoga Centers in Mangalore
- Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
- Alvas Nature Cure & Yoga Hospital
- Pranava Yoga & Naturopathy Centre, Ujjodi, Mangalore
- Human Consciousness & Yogic Sciences, Mangalore University Campus
Hospitals in Mangalore
- J. Hospital & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Father Muller Medical College Hospital
- KMC Hospital, Jyothi Circle, Mangalore
- Nitte Hospital at Derala Katte
- Yenepoya Hospital at Derala Katte